It is with great pride that the United Services Union announces that USU General Secretary Graeme Kelly has been Awarded an Order of Australia Medal for his service to industrial relations.
Graeme’s contribution to the members of the United Services Union and to industrial relations generally is outstanding, driven by a deep desire for an equal, fair and safe working environment for the workers of today and the future. The USU congratulates Graeme for this recognition of that service.
“I am honoured to have been awarded this Medal which I share with every single member of the USU – past and present – who has stood up, united, for a better workplace; a fairer workplace; a safer workplace with a decent rate of pay and a secure job,” said Graeme Kelly. “It is what we do as unionists to create a better world and a better future.”
Graeme’s contribution includes:
Australian Services Union:
• Executive Member, Australian Services Union, since 2010.
United Services Union:
• General Secretary, since 2010.
• Former Manager, Southern Region.
• Former OHS Officer, Southern Region.
• Former Employee, Federated Municipal and Shire Council Employees’ Union.
• Member, NSW ALP Administrative Committee, current.
• Sitting member, Office of Local Government Employment Matters Working Party, current.
• Ministerial Advisory Group Appointee, Local Government New South Wales.
Unions New South Wales:
• Vice-President, current.
New South Wales Local Government Super:
• Former Trustee/Director, 2011-2013.
Bundeena RSL Memorial Club:
• President, 2000-2010; since 2016.
• Former Honorary Secretary.
• Former Licensee.
The New South Wales Workcover Rights of Entry training program:
• Former Co-founding member.
• Former Unions Workcover Officer.
• Former Founding Member, The Canterbury Council Consultative Committee.
• Former Firefighter, Bundeena Brigade.