We are pleased to advise that today the Fair Work Commission approved the ASU/ Qantas EBA 11.
We believe that EBA 11 delivers some important improvements to USU/ASU members:
- 10 Days Domestic and Family violence leave in USU/ASU EBA
- 12 weeks paid parental leave, plus 2 weeks salary to be paid into superannuation unless an employee elects to receive that 2 weeks’ pay as additional parental leave (brings total to 14 weeks paid parental leave in addition to Federal Govt. Scheme)
- 5% bonus current on base rate of pay
- Additional bonus of $3000 for full time employees
- Additional bonus of $2500 to part time employees
- 1.5% pay increase with effect from the first full pay period on or after 1 January 2018
- 3% pay increase with effect from the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2018
- 3% pay increase with effect from the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2019
- Ceasing of capping of part time hours effective from 1 September 2016
- A range of part time to full time conversions at airports within 3 months of today
- More opportunities to transfer to part time as part of a transition to retirement
- Employees who are part time, Jobshare, FWAs or have done a full time secondment with accumulated 20th days will also be able to cash out all 20th days
- New agreement principles will apply when the company considers applications for flexible work agreements
- New job share opportunities while protecting existing arrangements
- Job security commitments for Hobart Contact Centre
- Qantas letter committing to no use of QGS/Qantas Ground Handling Subsidiaries in all USU/ASU covered positions for life of agreement plus 3 months
- SPGs changes including salary adjustment for PP&R score of 3 and Working group to discuss criteria used to determine PP&R scores.
And much much more…..
This EBA shows why it pays to be a union member – without our collective effort we could not have achieved these significant breakthroughs at Qantas.
What happens next?
The agreement will come into force on the 30th November 2016.
Qantas has advised the USU/ASU that the bonuses will be paid as follows:
- 5% bonus paid on 30th November 2016
- Normal pay week 7th December 2016
- $2500 or $3000 bonus paid on 14 December 2016
Join the USU/ASU
If you are not an USU/ASU member you can join on line at www.usu.org.au/join
Need more information?
Contact your local USU/ASU organiser Nick Herbert on 0419 761 320 for more information.