You will have heard this morning that Virgin Australia has gone into voluntary administration.
We know that you may be concerned about this announcement, but we want to assure you that your union is together with you throughout this process.
It’s important to know that:
- You still have a job.
- Operations are continuing.
- JobKeeper will also continue at this time.
Urgent ONLINE meeting for Virgin Australia workers – 5pm AEST TODAY.
Today at 5pm AEST we are holding an urgent ONLINE meeting for Virgin Australia workers. You will need to register for the Zoom meeting here: https://bit.ly/asuvirgin.
Organisers will also be contacting you about sending the registration link to all of your Virgin Australia colleagues and letting them know that they should also register for this important meeting for Virgin employees.
For anyone who is not yet an USU/ASU member – it is not too late to join. Sign up now to make sure you are supported throughout this process: usu.org.au/join.
The voluntary administration process
We will explain the voluntary administration process in today’s meeting. There will be some important steps throughout the administration process and we will update you every step of the way.
The USU/ASU will be continuing our fight to keep Virgin flying
Please support each other by taking action:
- Keep up the pressure on the Government to #SaveVirgin and #SaveAviation by sharing a video or photo of you talking about why Scott Morrison needs to step up and save Virgin Australia and the jobs of you and 16,000 other Australians.
- Share this update with family and friends on social media and ask them to act! You can email this update to your friends, family and colleagues to share.
- Encourage other colleagues at Virgin Australia to join the USU. Join online at usu.org.au/join.
Also we know this is a very stressful time, do not hesitate to seek assistance if you need it …organisations like Lifeline 131114 or Beyond Blue 1300 224 636 are available if needed.
Remember your USU is with you every step of the way during this very difficult time.