We have been visiting early education centres across Sydney and have now commenced formal discussions on an Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) Award. Two meetings have been held with employer representatives and the next one is scheduled for 6 July 2023.
The most recent meeting was held on May 18 and a log of claims was discussed. A log of claims is a list of items that we will be negotiating around.
Some of the highlights of the log of claims are:
- Educational Leader and Nominated Supervisor Allowance
- Mandated programming time
- Additional Sick Leave
The negotiation meeting was positive with employer representatives committing to reviewing the Union’s log of claims before the next meeting.
GET INVOLVED IN MAKING HISTORY!
This will be the first industry specific Local Government Award in NSW! A dedicated Award is an opportunity for early childhood educators to directly address the challenges of the sector.
Here’s what you and your colleagues can do:
- Sign our pledge to show your support for the ECEC Award and the campaign.
- Encourage your workmates to join the USU and show them our campaign page HERE
- Join the conversation online on our dedicated Facebook page HERE.
For further information contact USU Organiser Sandie Morthen at email@example.com.