The Enterprise Agreement covering many USU members employed by HCF is due for renewal on 30 June, 2021.
So what’s happening about a new EA?
- In March this year the USU approached HCF Management with a view to commencing negotiations but HCF said they were not ready to start.
- In April HCF Management advised your Union that they were now ready to negotiate and wanted to rollover the current EA for one year to allow a period of adjustment following the impact of Covid.
- This rollover means there will be no changes to the existing conditions of your employment and the only change would be a negotiated pay increase.
- The first offer put forward by HCF was well below an acceptable rate however using USU member feedback your negotiating team was able to negotiate a better outcome than first offered by Management.
Your Union was successful in having HCF Management review their position and the current offer is as follows:
- 2.00% increase to salaries for all employees covered by the EA.
- Increase effective on a successful vote and paid in the first pay period in July 2021.
- Negotiations for the full renegotiation of the EA to commence around February 2022.
Management also mentioned they would increase the Employer Superannuation Contributions by 0.5% in July 2021 and this was “on top” of the 2.00% salary increase.
The truth is all employers are obligated to increase the superannuation rate they pay on behalf of their employees as this is a Federal Government directive.
The superannuation amount should not be included in the context of this offer due to this fact.
Although the Union would have liked a higher salary increase the 2.00% on offer is competitive in the current economic climate and the USU recommends members support the proposal when it comes time to vote.
If you have any questions about this email, or if you require any assistance at work, please contact me on my mobile 0417 420 924 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org