Your USU/ASU Bargaining Representatives commenced bargaining with Emirates management on Wednesday 14th September 2016 for the Emirates Enterprise Agreement 2017.
This initial bargaining meeting was to bring the bargaining representatives together, program future meetings and for the representatives to scope out their claims for the Emirates Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Issues that emerged as important for Emirates employees are:
- Redundancy scales;
- Work Loads;
- Merit Increments and Employee Appraisals;
- Employees at maximum of the salary scale and (no) Annual Increase;
- Wanting to work part time, and flexibility;
- Better communications with employees;and
- Being able to see sick leave balance.
At the meeting Emirates management also presented their wish list:
- Fixed and Merit increases combined with increases close to or in line with inflation (no actual increase was tabled);
- Long Service Leave entitlement to be grandfathered with new employees to receive LSL according to their state’s entitlement;
- Annual shut down clause; and
- Review (reduction?) in redundancy cap of 42 weeks.
Clearly Emirates have an agenda to reduce a range of employee entitlements. The best protection for your current entitlements and the most effective way to improve entitlements is to be a USU/ASU member.
You can join online at www.usu.org.au/join or contact your state organiser listed below. This is the best way to get a fair agreement for yourself and for your colleagues.
What next? Future bargaining meetings have been programmed for: October 6th &7th; October 24th &25th; November 14th & 15th;and December 5th &6th.
The USU/ASU will be presenting your log of claims at the bargaining on October 6th and 7th. So please return your survey as soon as possible.
Ask your colleagues to get involved! If you want further information contact your local organiser: Nick Herbert 0419 761 320