We did it. USU/ASU members banded together and voted against Apple’s subpar enterprise agreement. Almost 70% of workers voted NO to Apple’s proposal in the ballot. A huge congratulations to USU/ASU members for this epic victory.
USU/ASU members voted no because Apple wouldn’t listen to their workers and didn’t fix the basic problems in their proposed agreement, like:
- No guaranteed pay increases for most employees
- Wage increases for those who do get them were still only 2.6% when inflation is above 7%!
- A flawed classification structure that does not consider the complexity of the work performed by Genius Bar and Backstage workers
- Cuts to weekend and overnight shift allowances and penalties
- No guaranteed consecutive days off
- And so much more!
Thank you to each and every USU/ASU member who had a conversation with a colleague, put up posters and engaged with the workplace issues that affected themselves and their colleagues.
We will send a further bulletin very soon to announce details of a Member Zoom meeting so we can all celebrate together and discuss next steps.
If you have any questions please contact USU Organiser Thomas Gao on 0417 420 924 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New members can join the United Services Union online at https://usu.org.au/join/ or by calling 1300 136 604.