This morning USU Organiser Emily Callachor attended a meeting with Armaguard to discuss notification of a COVID positive at Rosehill.
Armaguard first became aware of a positive COVID test on the morning of Monday 20 July at which point they undertook contract tracing, communications to affected employees, communications to affected customers. A deep clean of the meal room, toilets, and walk ways and cash room was also undertaken.
Contract tracing resulted in approximately 44 employees being asked to leave the workplace and undertake COVID testing.
Affected employees are determined as those to have been at Rosehill on Thursday 16 and Friday 17 July, between 2.00pm and 9.00pm.
Under the guidelines from the NSW Ministry of Health:
- Employees who return a POSITIVE test result will be placed on personal leave; they must isolate for 14 days and provide negative three (3) negative pathology tests prior to returning to the workplace.
Should your personal leave balance become exhausted, you will have access to your annual leave at full or half pay and well as long service leave in a minimum of 1 day increments. Following exhaustion of accrued leave, you will be placed on unpaid leave.
- Employees who return a NEGATIVE test result are required to self-isolate for 14 days and will continue to receive their ordinary wages for the 14 day period.
Prior to your return to the workplace, Armaguard may ask for reasonable medical information. If you are unsure what is reasonable, do not hesitate to ask!
Facemasks at work are now compulsory!
It is now compulsory for all Armaguard employees to wear a facemask whilst on duty, in Victoria and NSW. Disposable facemasks will be made available to all employees.
It is important to wear it properly:
- wash or sanitise your hands before putting it on or taking it off
- make sure the mask covers your nose and mouth and fits snugly under your chin, over the bridge of your nose and against the sides of your face
- do not touch the front of your mask while wearing or removing it
- do not allow the mask to hang around your neck or under your nose
- do not reuse single use masks; wash and dry reusable masks after use and store in a clean dry place
For more information
United Services Union:
• USU Organiser Emily Callachor, email@example.com 0417 420 924
• Generic workplace email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Armaguard Policy & Guidelines for COVID-19
• National Coronavirus Helpline –1800 020 080. It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
• How to isolate following a positive test result – https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others-from-coronavirus-covid-19/isolation-for-coronavirus-covid-19
• How to use facemasks – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks
If you wish to discuss the content of this notice, please do not hesitate to phone or email Emily on email@example.com 0417 420 924.