The United Services Union is committed to a safe workplace for all of our members.
The current Covid outbreak and lock down has changed many things we took for granted. That includes how we work.
We remind members that all employers are required to comply with the current NSW Public Health Orders.
This means that currently employees must follow the Order on the mandatory wearing of masks.
The Order states:
You must wear a face mask:
- in all indoor areas of non-residential premises
- at certain outdoor gatherings
- if you are on public transport
- in a major recreation facility such as a stadium
- if you are working in a hospitality venue
- in indoor and outdoor areas of construction sites, except when an exemption applies such as when:
- wearing a face mask creates a safety issue or
- there is a worksite emergency
- when working in an outdoor area
The wearing of a face mask means that it is required to cover both the nose and the mouth. It is important to remember that improper wearing of a face mask does not comply with the Public Health Orders or WH&S.
More information regarding the NSW Public Health Orders can be checked here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney#face-masks