Last week we gave an account of activities to date regarding a 20kg lift limit imposed on employees.
We hoped to have had a response from Armaguard already however none has been forthcoming. USU Organiser Emily Callachor has written to Armaguard requesting the following:
- Written confirmation for requirements of PPE company provided/paid for safety boots, including full reimbursement for staff with a documented medical concern
- Completed risk assessment for increasing lift limit from 20kg (February 2014) to 20kg (January 2017)
- Evidence of consultation undertaken with employees and their representatives for increasing lift limit from 12kg (February 2014) to 20kg (January 2017)
- Confirmation that until this limit can be genuinely and properly consulted on that the lift limit return to 12kg
- Confirmation that this limit can be genuinely and properly consulted on that the lift limit return to 12kg, and that 12kg be reflected in correspondence issued to employee’s doctors for return to work
- Confirmation that no further employees will be stood down, due to the 20kg lift limit
When a response has been received, we hope to schedule a further meeting with the TWU and Armaguard seeking an immediate resolution.
USU Organiser Emily Callachor will keep members abreast of updates as they occur.