The long awaited determination has been issued today by the Fair Work Commission.
Today Your Union has:
1. Written to Essential Energy requesting that they do not proceed to implement the workplace determination until after Christmas/ New Year. Included in that correspondence is a request that meetings be convened with your Union to discuss how Essential Energy proposes to implement the changes resulting from the workplace determination.
2. Convened a telephone conference with all your Union delegates from across the state to update them on the workplace determination. The Union will be updating our members regularly, as the implications of the determination take effect.
What should our members do?
• If you are approached by management to attend a meeting, relating to redundancy, contact your delegate or the Union directly.
• If you are requested to attend a meeting with management, ensure you have your delegate or a fellow Union member with you.
• Do not make ill informed decisions, ensure you have all the details you need to make a decision, give yourself time to calmly decide what you want to do, seek advice before you make a decision.
Your Union will be working with Delegates and members to mitigate as much as possible the adverse effects of this workplace determination. Keep yourself informed, speak to your delegates or directly with your Union.
If you are not a Union member yet, now is the time to join.